Caybon is a group of scalable, digitally focused marketing companies specialised in content and distribution products. The purpose is to offer advertisers and organisations a way to communicate with their target group in an editorial and relevant context. The various offerings include a range of options from online media, videos, performance related advertising, events as well as printed products. Revenues in turn are derived from content production as well as various forms of advertising solutions. The clients range from small to medium sized companies all the way up to multinational groups. The client base is thus diversified in terms of both size, sector and geography. The five brands within the Group are grouped into two business segments: Campaigns and Platforms.
Campaign business area includes the three brands Mediaplanet, N365 and Appelberg. These three businesses have in common that their business model is largely project/campaign based. Revenues depend on the number of projects/campaigns sold and the margin is dependent on the production and distribution efficiency.
The Platform/Network business area includes the brands Newsner and SplayOne. These two brands work fully with digital marketing, and both operate on distribution platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and the likes. The revenue model is largely based on the achieved performance in terms of advertiser client connection and engagement.
The advertising market is undergoing substantial change where the traditional media and communication channels are being replaced with digital and online-based media. Caybon is continuously trying to adapt its client offering to the current market trends and client needs.
Caybon as an investment
Caybon is a digital media market leader and poised for growth
- 70 percent of Caybon’s business is digital marketing which is has grown at around 19 percent per annum the last 10 years.
- Caybon has proven that its business model is scalable and can be expanded to new markets
Stable and diversified client base
- Caybon has 70 per cent of revenues from returning clients
- Diversified revenue base from more than 6,000 customers – from large global blue chips to local SMEs – 10 largest represent ~8% of revenues
- Significant product and geographical diversity – e.g. largest brand <40% revenues and non-Nordics revenues >40%
Caybon has a strong financial position and track record
- Positive EBITDA every quarter since starting
- Asset light business model and limited working capital required for growth
- Diversified and decentralised business model and ability to adapt to changing market conditions
- Track record of executing value accretive acquisitions
Founder-led business with committed owners and management team
- Founder Richard Båge is CEO and key shareholder
- Entrepreneurial corporate culture focussed on sales and growth
- Solid PE backing through Priveq